Wednesday 28 September 2011

Finally........Patience and Persistence

As fishermen, we all get that feeling of "why the hell do we bother....." and sometimes it gets us down. For many many evenings after work I have made my way down to my local river in pursuit of my quarry.

This evening I approached the river with a positive and strong mental attitude.... I will catch a fish, I will catch a fish. After working my way down several pools, I came to a nice pool with some movement. So I changed my fly to a small Garry Dog hairwing pattern and away I went.

After a few casts through this pool, the line tightened and I presumed I had hit bottom, but the bottom moved. And here was my reward.


And one picture for good luck !!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow- nice fish- that would make the season for me!
    well done.

    ReplyDelete